[NTLK] Newton Power Adapters --important UPDATE

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon May 30 19:28:44 EDT 2016

Multi select, meaning the adapter is made with adjustable output.  Such
as 3v 4.5 5v, 6v, 9v are the most common settings.  They often have
different tips that can be swapped for different devices.  The problem
is most of them are not regulated and vary a bit in their output.  And
while fine for a tape/cd player, it could fry a Newton if the output is
not exactly right.  I think it has to do with the recharge circuity.
But either way the list archives have a lot of instances where people
used a cheap adapter that fried their newton after a while.  Good
adjustable regulated supplies are expensive.  Hence the recommendation
for years has been use only a apple adapter.  You can't go wrong there.

Others never had a problem with lesser adapters, but I wouldn't take the
risk.

Sorry I wasn't specific before.

-Dan