[NTLK] Newton Power Adapters

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon May 30 17:01:47 EDT 2016

Yes and no.  The 1x0 models CAN charge batteries, but only NiCad.  There
was a battery pack made with 4 normal AA cells with a metal band around
it.  This metal band pressed down a button in the bottom of the battery
compartment which told the Newton that you had rechargeable batteries in
it.  It would then charge via a station it sat in and charged via two
contact points at the bottom.  Or via a plugged in 5V adapter.

The reason for the difference for the 2x00 model is due to the ability
to FAST charge.  The 2x00 could fast charge the battery pack in a hour.
 Where as the 1x0 took several.  You can run a 1x0 on the newer power
adapter without any issue.  Also a 2x00 can run on a older adapter,
however if the battery pack is being charged it will charge very slowly
in comparison.

-Dan