[NTLK] Linear flash cards

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Mar 3 20:50:33 EST 2016

In general if the card is 12v write it should work in all newtons except
emate (well it can read not write to it).  If it is a 5v read and write
then MP2x00 and emate can use it.

Some known working models: cards based on the Intel series 2, 2+ and
value 100.  But the value series 200 won't work in a newton.

One site that had a lot of good info went poof but I found it on the
wayback machine
https://web.archive.org/web/20151024230720/http://www.mac3.de/sig/newton/memory_cards.html
some info is out of date but other is still accurate.

Pretec had several cards that worked in a Newton.  Check the voltages.
A card that can only use 3v won't work in a newton.  It needs 5v write
for a 2x00 model and 12v write for a 1x0 model (although 2x00 can use a
12v too).

-Dan