[NTLK] I'm looking for NewtonTalk user from USA

Steven M. Spiegel appledoctor at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 14:58:50 EDT 2016

Grant,

Just to let you know I have been member of this list for many years; but have been a lurker, also.

Many years ago I purchased some Newtons and accessories, hoping to use them or sell them at a profit.

I remember Disneyland(near me in California) was using them for survey taking. They looked like the perfect choice for this, however Steve Jobs decided against continuing to develop them. Instead he wanted to focus their efforts on the iPhone which, if you look carefully, incorporates some features of the Newton.

I see that most of you guys are "over my head" in the software area. I was a Manufacturing Engineer in Electronic Assembly. My interests are in the hardware end of things.

I've been an Apple Enthusiast since my first Apple II in 1978 and set up a Service Center for an Apple Authorized Dealer in 1981. In 1982 I set out on my own to repair and service Apple products and have owned at least one of every Apple product since then(including the Apple III and Lisa)

Just to let you know that i'm still onboard with you guys and support what you have tried to do with the Newton!!

Regards,

Steven M. Spiegel
The Apple Doctor
State Lic. #E-26047
34 years in Apple & Mac Set-up, Support, Service, and Repairs
in Orange County, CA, USA
www.theappledoctor.com
appledoctor at cox.net
(949) 683-0323