[NTLK] Does PCMCIA to compact flash work with a Newton?

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sun Jul 17 15:26:55 EDT 2016

>> Do any PCMCIA to compact flash adaptors work out of the box with a Newton
2100?
>> If so, what is the maximum memory that a Newton can recognise?

> You can use eny adapter, but you need instal ATA Support software before:
> http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/ATA/

Be aware that to the best of my knowledge ATA support was, due to the
nonexistence of reliable technical documentation of the Newton hardware and
the Newton OS, still a tad flaky when Paul stopped working on it. If I were
you, I would make frequent backups to standard PC cards unless the data you
intend to put on the ATA card isn't all that important.

Frank