[NTLK] MailV and AIFC / Newton frames

Tim tim at aaack.org
Sat Jan 2 12:49:59 EST 2016

Hi all,

I have searched through the mailing list archives for some help on this, but I have yet to find a solution.

I thought the easiest way to get voice recordings out of my notes would be to email them to myself.  MailV allows you to choose "AIFC" as the format to send the email, but the sent email contains a .nwt attachment instead of an .aif.  I saw in the mailing list archives that this was also the case for images, but an update of MailV was released that fixed it.  It seems there may still be a problem, at least for audio notes.  I tried using SimpleMail but it did not seem to support audio attachments at all.

If anyone has any alternative ideas for how to get voice memos out of the Newton in a digital, compatible form, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tim