[NTLK] The Oasis NPDS - Downtime

Doctor Clu drclu at swbell.net
Sat Feb 13 07:54:55 EST 2016

In the last year I was excited about getting my Newton Server to not stay dead but wake itself back up with the Watcher routine.   Now it is probably time to get things working a bit better.

On Pete G’s site he has the Newton operating without crashing for generally about 2 to 3 days at a time.  Me, my Newton routine crashes every hour on the hour.  :D

I did a little script where I loaded my server remotely and took a snapshot every minute.  Yep, could have ran a crash log, but I am still learning this stuff.  :P

The results of the test were:

10:35 am Up
And…. well… after reviewing about 280 (last shot at around 3:30 pm) screenshots, my Newton did not crash.  Apparently when it is being poked repeatedly it stays awake.

Anyway, in the past my Newton had crash for about 20 minutes at the top of the hour.  What are the more optimal settings you all have found that helps those crash times become less and less?

Doctor Clu