[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 32, Issue 15

L.W. Brown lwb at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 14:21:18 EDT 2016

That much even I say  ;-]
A rough-but-ready translation: an insertable “card" with certain software on it that you need to install, but that also needs to be available during boot-up so that non-original-but-still-necessary functions can be performed; having that software on an inserted card during boot-up allows the functions to be completed during boot-up, and then allows the function-programs to be installed more permanently on the Newt after boot-up.
Usually boot-strap cards were loaned among members of our little community, but it’s been a while, so none may be left...

L.W. Brown
LwBrown at Mail.com