[NTLK] Daily Digest Subscriber - Am I the first to see the iPen and the obvious Newton connection?

DB DB at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Sep 14 11:33:57 EDT 2015

Very interesting, but I see it does have a battery.  Must be they didn't
want to license the "no battery" tech from Wacom (or try to do something
similar and get sued by Wacom).

I also find it interesting they are calling it a "pencil" rather than a
"pen" which it really is (at least in my opinion).  But hey it is Apple
so no one will think it is odd and will accept anything said with open
arms. ;)

I also doubt it will work in the older devices.  After watching the
videos, it would appear it requires changes in the scanning/detection
hardware, at least that is what it seems like to me.

Regardless very interesting and it took them long enough lol.  And now
that Apple is doing it, I am sure other tablets for Android will be
coming out with something similar.  I have a few styli (the Wacom bamboo
is about the best one I have at the moment, always liked the idea of the
Jot Pro but was afraid the plastic disc would scratch the screen) that I
like but nothing with the precision I want.

One other thing they are not mentioning, I suspect one should have a
screen protector on with the pencil.  We know how well how easy a true
stylus can scratch a screen, no matter now soft/nice the tip is.

-Dan