[NTLK] Brindisi text pronounciation

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sat Oct 31 16:22:41 EDT 2015

> Are you looking for the meaning of the lyrics

No, I'm not. That shouldn't be too difficult to find out.

> or are you simply curious about the Italian pronunciation?

"Curious" wouldn't be the right word. I intend to add this to my repertoire,
and I would like to make sure it sounds correct. That's why I am after a
recording of this text being read slowly and clearly by a native Italian
speaker who knows all the words, even though some are kinda old.

> It?s 19th Century Italian, so I imagine certain words may sound strange?

That's perfectly OK. Since I know almost no Italian, I probably wouldn't
even notice. All I want is that they sound OK to a native Italian audience
when they (the words, not the native Italian audience) leave my mouth.

If people laugh, I want them to laugh because I can't sing, not because I
can't figure out the correct pronounciation of the lyrics...

:-)

Cheers, and thanks

Frank

PS I can't access my mail regularely for about three. If I don't answer
promptly, please be patient.