[NTLK] The media and HWR fail (was: Clear Newton)

iSpinn ispinn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:45:30 EDT 2015

> >> Then I saw it was located in Newnan (Newton?), GA.
> >
> > HWR fail, again?
>
> Nope, it's Newnan. I live about 80 miles from there.
> HWR not at fault this time.

When writing snippets for outside articles touting the Newnan--sorry,
the Newton (keyboard failure)--I always make it a point to clarify
that I'm talking about the 2x00 and not one of its earlier, original
models.

Readers seem to remember only the failures, so if I simply mention the
"Apple Newton," their brains go right away to the Simpson's "Beat up
Martin" episode, et al.: <http://tiny.cc/BeatUpMartin>.

Clarifying that I'm talking about its workhorse brother the 2x00 both
educates the readers to the fact that the platform was *far* more
reliable than the media had chosen to report it, and does what can be
done to dispel a little bit of its decades-old rumors.

Doug