[NTLK] iPad Pro and Apple Pencil

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Thu Nov 12 21:01:40 EST 2015

I ordered at 3am EST on Wednesday.   For some reason, my local Apple store showed "available today" for both the pencil and the iPad. I had heard that the pencils would be hard to come by, so I quickly placed my order. When I went to pick up the iPad later that day, the store told me they didn't receive any Pencils. I was understandably disappointed.

That night I got a call from an Apple rep appologizing for an error. She said it would arrive by the end of the week. 18 hours later, the pencil was ready for pickup. I was very surprised but I'm not complaining.

I was also surprised that Apple would call about a botched availability estimate. Maybe they made good on an error.  Maybe I was just lucky to get an order in early.

Einstein performance is pretty awesome.  Audio glitches are still a problem.  Need to look at the Pencil API to filter stray touches.

Sent from my iPad Pro