[NTLK] Another Tool for our Developers

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Jun 22 01:18:57 EDT 2015

On Mon Jun 22 2015 02:43:10, Tony Morrow wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I was browsing the old Interwebs today and stumbled upon something my might
> interest the developers of a group. It is a GitHub project that allows you
> to compile classic MacOS apps for OSX. Beyond that description the rest of
> the project flies over my head. I don't know how useful it would be but
> thought I would share anyway.

Thanks for finding this interesting writeup. I have been following msherlock mpw since it was published. As it is in this crazy world, I wanted to run the Newton tools from Apple MPW to be able to build the Einstein Rex from scratch. No such tool existed, so I wrote mosrun (Mac OS Run) and published it - in the exact same week that mpw was published.

We ended up exchanging knowledge. My goal tu run all Newton related tools was reached quickly and I left it at that. mpw runs many many more mpw tools - probably all of them. ksherlock did a fantastic job here!

http://dynee5.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Alienate/mosrun/Notes.txt