[NTLK] Einstein on Android

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jun 10 04:33:26 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:15 AM Forrest <newtonphoenix at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> Jon:
>
> I’ve been running Einstein on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro with KitKat for almost
> a year now, and have had full emulation (except there is no sound). My
> Targus stylus that I originally got years ago for the First Generation iPad
> works (just) okay—it requires a good bit of pressure, though. A fingertip
> works well in that it shows up with just slight contact, but lacks the fine
> touch and subtlety required for serious note writing.
>
> I've got a Jot Pro for a stylus, and it seems to work ok on Android. That
will be my stylus if I ever get Einstein running, but I can't find a binary
of it, nor installation instructions--well, a binary of a newer version. I
think that this would be what would be safest to run. I'm not really sure
about compiling my own. I remember back several years ago, I wanted a
certain KDE program on my Mac, and it took me months of manually compiling
and installing (in the end) the entire KDE environment, and tons of
libraries, etc. It looks like I might have to go down the same road for
Einstein, and I'm just not up for that these days, hence the desire for a
later version of Einstein for Android--and yes, I'm on Lollipop 5.1.1 on my
Nexus. I guess it's another thing to wait for...