[NTLK] [OT] Reel to reel

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Jun 3 13:37:24 EDT 2015

I haven't messed with reel or tapes in a while but in my experience
scotch was one of the best brands that I used.  As for cleaning the
sticky shed problem you are running into is very very common.  One trick
is to "bake the tape" and they do this at the national archives.  I
don't remember the temperature off the top of my head but it was like
150 for 5 minutes (or might have been 10 minutes) or something like
that.  If you search online you should find out the details.  This bakes
the tape enough to get all of the moisture out of it and enables you to
get it transfered before the magnetic coating starts to shed again.

-Dan