[NTLK] eMate as a server

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Sun Jul 19 08:03:21 EDT 2015

I've always wanted to wall mount or "frame" an eMate or MessagePad 2x00 for my office.  I thought it would be cool if it were both running a web server, but also some sort of "Panic Status Board" style display.

The thing is, I'd really want the backlight to be on for the majority of the time, and those EL panels have a fixed life.  I would love to somehow retrofit a LED backlight, (something like <http://www.lightguide.planetechn.com/LCD_LED_Backlights.html> perhaps) but I know its probably not feasible.

Jake