[NTLK] eMate building

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Jul 18 21:39:32 EDT 2015

The reset button not only restarts the machine but also initializes the
charge circuity.  Without that, it may still "think" the old pack is
installed.  This is also why pressing reset button does more than
hitting reset via a package/app.  But only necessary if there are power
problems.

Also keep in mind there have been a few cases where pressing the reset
button with a flash card installed caused damage to the card.  Some
cards are more susceptible than others.  But in short, don't hit the
reset button with a card installed unless you absolutely have to.  With
a eMate is more difficult to avoid since you can't just yank the power
pack to get it to shut down.  Well you can, it is just more involved
than a MP1x0 or MP2X00.

On the good side about 99% of needed resets/reboots for Newton can be
done with a app.

-Dan