[NTLK] [ADMIN] Yet another email delivery hiccup

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Tue Jul 14 15:28:13 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-14, at 12:31 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> I just discovered that I have not been receiving email from NTLK since July 1st.
>
> NewtonTalk is hosted at Media Temple and my splorp.com email (as well as any newted.org accounts) are hosted at Bluehost. Any messages being sent to the Bluehost server are not being delivered for one reason or another. This only affected a handful of NTLk subscribers besides me (Ron Parker, Rick Mori, Robert Serna, and Tom Zahm), but it's still annoying.
>
> I have yet to determine whether the issue is originating with Media Temple or Bluehost, but I hope to have it resolved shortly.

After nearly a hour chatting with Media Temple support, it has been determined that MT blacklisted the Bluehost server for sending spam. Since the Bluehost server is a shared host (with likely hundreds of other clients), this is completely beyond my control. Media Temple is escalating the issue and hopefully the blacklist will be removed shortly.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://newtontalk.net