[NTLK] Ni-Mh battery pack

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Jul 2 18:34:53 EDT 2015

On 7/2/2015 11:05 AM, Vladislav Korotnev wrote:
*snip*

> Previously I've been getting close to half a month if not even a month of standby (using the newt as a periodic personal diary and anime list, so it's not even seeing hardcore wifi use as it did back in the-awesome-2012, mostly turned on monthly).
>

> Is it that just my usage pattern had killed the battery pack, or should I be worried about the controller and/or software on my Newt?
> I have an extremely rare russian language pack installed on my Newt that I don't quite remember if I still have, so I'd rather not brain wipe it for a test :-)

Sometimes if rechargeable batteries have not been used for a bit they
will not charge like they should.  The best thing you can do at this
point is to charge it to full then fun the batteries flat.  Do this a
few times and I bet the charge cycle will improve.  Also freezing the
batteries then charging also has been known to help the situation.

You should be able to use a tool such as package buddy to download the
package off of your newt.  Another option would be to move it to a flash
card (most will allow this).  If it is locked then you just get
eeunprotect installed then you can move it as it will bypass this
protection and allow you to download or move the package.

-Dan