[NTLK] Internal WiFi Project

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Wed Dec 23 06:37:50 EST 2015

I have used the Samtec connector on other projects. It isn't a perfect fit, but it does work.  The main issue I see is that the height off the board seems to be a little more with the Samtec, and thus the PCB sits higher off the Newton's motherboard.  This could create problems with closing the case properly.  Some internal USB boards had problem where the back case would crack.

A 0.8mm thick PCB is needed for the case to close.  Maybe a thinner PCB could be used with the Samtec connector, but a 0.6 and 0.4 PCB material is more expensive.  I'm not sure if it would actually solve any problems.

Jake