[NTLK] Dusting off a Newt

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Dec 10 09:22:21 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was thinking of dustin off my old MP2000 and using it again from time to
> time, and I was wondering if anyone has tried using Blunt and a Pico
> blutetooth card paired with their smartphone for connectivity. It would be
> interesting to try a little unencrypted email using the internet hotspot
> through to the newt.

Is it an upgraded MP2000? If so, it should work fine, otherwise you'll
find it difficult to run Internet software, esp. with the Bluetooth
stack.

I use an MP2100 with Blunt and a Pico Card. I used to use it with an
old Motorola cell phone via Bluetooth for Internet access and it
worked, but newer phones & carriers changed some of the configs and it
stopped working. I did a fair amount of research and never found the
proper INIT strings to get it working. So, it's certainly possible and
it does work, but it's becoming a bit harder. Please don't let that
dissuade you though!

I still occasionally transfer text, iCal, and vCard files to/from my
Mac & Newton via Bluetooth though, so it has other uses.

--
Morgan
---