[NTLK] Summertime Newton Update

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:12:47 EDT 2015

~~~ On 2015/08/20 21:47, Grant Hutchinson at grant at splorp.com wrote ~~~

> Hello listees.
>
> Just checking in.
>
> I'm assuming that everyone is having an awesome summer and that's why the list
> is so quiet.
>
> Have any of you been tinkering with your little green friends lately?
>
> Let me know.

Hi Grant,

My green princess is like my third arm and my second head, all in one.
Think Zaphod Beeblebrox, but without the space ship and the huge quantities
of alcohol.

That means I haven't done any "tinkering" in the proper sense.  I can't do
without her for that long especially at work but also for my daily life.
But I have been taking the occasional day off -- "occasional" in the same
sense that my part of the UK has had an "occasional" summery day this
summer.  I've managed to take off several hours from work on a few of those
days, taking nature walks and finding someplace beautiful to sit and think.
That means writing, and that means my Newton.   I wish I could meet all the
people who gave us the Newton so I could thank them for this amazing piece
of electronics.

I also wish the Powers-That-Be at Apple would wake up and realize that the
Newton still could be (and should be) a big part of the future of personal
computer design.  20 year ago the hardware couldn't keep up with the ideas
or even the software.  Now it can.

It's time to dust off those dreams, Mr Cook!

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4