[NTLK] Google Handwriting

Terence Griffin griffin at nist.gov
Tue Apr 21 14:47:16 EDT 2015

Sorry! How presumptuous of me. The GN3 is the Samsung Galaxy
Note 3. The Note devices have an active stylus that uses Wacom
technology. That allows some interesting UI additions. With the
Pen Input option active, when you hover any text input field on
any screen, there appears a little note icon. Tapping it opens a
handwriting UI window. As you write the ink is converted to text
and displayed in the UI. After you write something and press Done,
the text is pasted into the input field and the UI closes. It makes it
easy to chose typing (I love Swype) or writing ad hoc-ly (is that a
word?). The Google text input is keyboard replacement. It will work
on any Android device using one's finger. I don't know about iOS
devices.

- Tere