[NTLK] Google Handwriting (Terence Griffin)

Allen.Russell at linde.com Allen.Russell at linde.com
Tue Apr 21 14:43:56 EDT 2015

Here's the chilling part for me.  I was curious and downloaded google
handwriting onto my old cheap android tablet.  When I went into the input
settings, and selected the new method of input, it displays the helpful
popup window:

<quote>
This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including
personal data like passwords and credit card numbers.  It comes from the
app Google Handwriting Input.  Use this input method?
</quote>

I declined to tap "OK".  This is why I've been nervous about installing
any alternate keyboards.  Many apps "phone home", with information that I
don't want them to have.

Allen