[NTLK] Ethernet, WiFi, Persistent Free Memory Errors

Stephen Hankins ghankins at mac.com
Sat Oct 25 08:45:10 EDT 2014

Hi All!

I have successfully obtained an IP address from my router using a Silver WaveLAN card, and even gotten most of the way through a backup to NCX2. (So far, all my backup attempts have terminated, on one side or the other, prior to completion. Though I have had success using a serial connection.)

But, most of the time, pressing the connect button on the dock results in an error telling me that my Newton hasn't enough free memory to do what I have asked, suggesting I restart. The restart sometimes works, sometimes does not.

Is this likely because I have only a lowly 2000 rather than a 2100? I am guessing the problem is a lack of RAM.

At this point, I have frozen everything that is freezable other than the various extras that are needed to complete and internet connection.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins