[NTLK] Mac OS 8.5 vs. 9.2 for Newton?

Stephen Hankins ghankins at mac.com
Fri Oct 17 08:31:39 EDT 2014

Hi All!

I am setting up a PowerBook 3G PDQ to use with my Newtons and Newton Connection Utilities.

I can use Mac OS 8.5 or 9.2.

I'd like to be able to use the IRDA system to swap stuff back and forth, and I figured someone here would have experience trying that  with both operating systems.

(I'm not sure why, in this age of Wifi and Bluetooth, but the IRDA port still seems more like magic to me. I have an old HP Laserjet 6MP that is still going strong in daily use, and, every time I pick up a Newt or eMate and beam a document to that printer, it's like having a magic wand.)

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins
Happy Hank's Honey House