[NTLK] OT: Poutine Burger

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Thu May 1 12:09:03 EDT 2014

On 2014-May-01, at 12:09 AM, L.W. Brown <lwb at mac.com> wrote:

> (We must dine together at the Granville Island farmers market some day.)

Oh, we would both have a long way to go. I live in Edmonton, about 13 hours east-north-east. But if you do get to Granville, go to Seigel’s Bagels. Mmmm, real Montreal bagels.

> (Additional background: area Canadian, & American, Sikhs do clearly love Costco’s milk & butter, but the ethnic Euro-Canadians tend to congregate at Trader Joes -

I resemble that remark, when we were passing through Bellingham in March we went to Trader Joes, but mostly for 2 buck Chuck, ginger cookies, and an 8 dollar bottle of rum that has an odd undertone of bananas. We show up there in our Volvo wagon, just to see what it was like, and we park beside a Volvo wagon, across from the Volvo wagon, just down from the Volvo wagon, amongst a pile of Subaru wagons. We’ve obviously been transported to the land of socks with sandals, plaid flannel, and facial hair.

I picked up some gummy penguins for my son, I turn around and behind me is a nun in full habit. She managed to waddle off before I exploded in laughter. I saw her again later getting into her Subaru wagon.