[NTLK] Einstein on Android

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Jan 25 03:19:57 EST 2014

On 24.01.2014, at 23:31, Tom Zahm <tpzahm at newted.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a way to bypass the loading of packages when Einstein boots up?  I loaded a scrogged backdrop for AVI's and it hangs.  I can surely delete everything and start again, but loading without packages could be a useful thing in it's own right.

Hmm, not that I know. Einstein really emulates the NewtonOS, meaning that we have little influence on what NewtonOS itself does. Maybe a Flash reader could be used to change the backdrop package without launching Einstein? Did anyone ever write such a thing?

Last resort: delete the Flash file in the Einstein directory :-(

> Any other suggested fixes are welcome, too.
>
> Oh, and a big "Thanks so much!" for Einstein on Android.  Let me know if I can help in the future.  I'm running it on a B&N Nook HD+.

It's great to see that it is being used!

- Matthias