[NTLK] Okay, that apears to be working, now for the question

Simon Stapleton simon.stapleton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 09:03:29 EST 2014

I think the list is rejecting my messages due to my PGP signature. Anyway, with signatures turned off, it appears to work.  So now for my (predictably off topic) post…

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the protocol used by the ADB Intuos tablets.  It's slightly[1] more complex than that for the Ultrapad / ArtZ tablets that I worked out a while back, but I'm convinced it's do-able. That said, I've been convinced it's do-able for some time - I've been titting about with this, on and off, for a couple of years now...

Anyway, back in the good old days, when Wacom first announced the Intuos tablets, they had 2 entirely separate series of drivers - the 2.x.x series, which supported the earlier tablets, and the 4.x.x series, which supported *only* the intuos line up until v4.5.5 or so.  Now, I have a copy of one of the "merged" drivers, which I've been working from, but it might be easier (and give more points of similarity) if I could lay my hands on one of the intuos-only drivers.  Wayback machine shows me v4.1.2 and 4.1.3 as being downloadable replacements for the 4.0.x series of drivers (which, I'm guessing, were delivered in-box with the early intuos tablets), but of course it doesn't give me the drivers themselves, nor are the servers pointed to extant (and Wacom themselves have expunged all the old stuff from their current servers).

Basically, what I’m looking for is a full image of (or the mac drivers from) the CD delivered in-box with an original model Intuos tablet (with any connectivity, Wacom didn’t bother delivering mac-specific disks, the CD is dual format Mac & PC).  The CD had a copy of Painter 3 and Pentools on it as well, I don’t care about those.

So, if anyone out there has a copy of one of these hen's teeth, lying about in a box or installed on an ancient piece of hardware somewhere, I would be extremely grateful to lay my hands on a copy.

Simon

[1] "slightly" as in "an elephant is slightly bigger than an ant"