[NTLK] [OT] Grant Hutchinson: You're on Gizmodo

Matej Horvat matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si
Tue Dec 2 07:12:06 EST 2014

Oh, look, another "top 10" (or in this case, "top 18") article about Apple
which just has to say something bad about Newton.

"17. Fancy

Designed for the Apple Newton, Fancy is a Times New Roman ripoff that no
one cares about. I couldn't even find images of it."

If you can't find images of it, how can you criticize it?

It's not a "Times New Roman ripoff", it's just a renamed New York that was
called Fancy in Newton OS 1.x (the other two fonts being "Simple" - a
renamed Geneva - and Espy Sans). And ironically, the author then ranks New
York (the TrueType version, which IMO _does_ look like a Times New Roman
ripoff) as number 8.

There's also Espy Sans on number 5 with no mention of Newton, but I'm not
sure whether it was designed specifically for it.

Casual is also not mentioned, but maybe that's a good thing, as it would
be called a "Comic Sans ripoff".

</rant>