[NTLK] Bullet Journal

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Thu Sep 26 16:49:03 EDT 2013

Just throwing this link out because I'm willing to bet there's an overlap between Newton fans and people who like reading about organization methodologies:

	http://www.bulletjournal.com/

This is one guy's approach to laying out a notebook (any paper notebook) to track calendar events, note items, and to-do items, that seems well organized without being needlessly fussy.

It would be cool (for certain definitions of cool) to do this on a Newton.  It seems like something particularly well-suited for a Newton stationery.  Even the built-in checklist stationery would get you pretty far.

Can't shake the feeling though that it would still be quicker to flip through the pages of a paper notebook than the rather laggy scrolling of Notes.

iOS apps, though they certainly scroll quickly, still haven't produced anything that feels as "complete" as a Newton with MoreInfo.  But mostly my Newtons live at home in the closet now because of weight and size.

I've been keeping a (paper) bullet journal for about a month now and I'm torn -- part of me likes it better than any digital solution I've ever tried, and part of me thinks it's silly to use paper when the one thing I'm always guaranteed to have with me is digital (my iPhone).

Steven