[NTLK] Alarms

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Jun 20 13:17:29 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Andrei Chichak <newton at chichak.ca> wrote:

> On 2013-June-20, at 10:38 AM, Chris Chapman <chrisc30 at me.com> wrote:
>
>> I have to take a blood pressure pill nightly. What is the best way to set an alarm on my Newton to remind me every night? I'd prefer for it not to clutter up my calendar if possible.
>
> As a guy that makes medical devices for a living, are you reaaaaaaaly sure that you want to use your Newton?
>
> Do you have any other beast with better battery life that you carry around all of the time? Like an iPod or a phone?
>
> As much as I like our green friend, I'd rather not have you bite the big green weenie because your newt died and you popped your fuse.

I don't know about you, but my green friend's battery life beats the
iPhone by a couple weeks. Granted, most people don't carry their
Newton everywhere and I'm not sure if Chris does.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion for reminders that
wouldn't clutter up your calendar, not to mention the fact that I find
Date's reminders to be abysmal. I use Adam Tow's AlarmClock
<http://www.tow.com/software/newton/> for my morning wakeup, but it'd
be too easy to forget to reset it.

--
Morgan