[NTLK] Can anyone flash a Wavelan card for me for about $10?

Scott Ticknor ticknor at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 11:22:29 EDT 2013

Hi Noah, a couple things here... First, the Gold card is obviously the one to have... But, in 2013, if you are still using WEP, you might as well use 64/40-bit crypto because even the 128 bit flavour can be cracked in just a few seconds or less. So you aren't gaining much security by going up to the "strong" WEP.
What about a captive portal arrangement? Then the crypto would not be an issue... A quick google doesn't come up with much on the topic. Maybe I'll try it later, I think I have a DDWRT router I could experiment with.

In the meantime, I will root around in my box of newt stuff, I may have a gold card in there somewhere.

--
Scotty Technoir

Sent from my iPhone