[NTLK] Announcing Dash Board 1.5.2013d1!

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Jul 31 06:47:39 EDT 2013

Hi Mason,

again, thanks for making Dashboard OpenSource.

But what I like even more is your writeup on finding the code and getting it to compile. Great stuff, and so "deja vu".

With Apple moving form PPC to Intel - a good move IMHO - a lot of legacy code simply stopped working. It's always great to keep old machines around. OTOH, computers are so insanely fast now, that pretty much anything from the 90ies can be emulated.

Pretty much everything I worked with is now available as an emulator. My first CP/M machine now runs on a Atmel CPU in a matchbox, my Sinclair ZX Spectrum is emulated at full speed as part of a web page in Java Script, and even the pretty advanced Amigas from back then now run as a background task. Only the SGI Indy seem to have no emulator - and that is not surprising for this expensive piece of carp.

Thanks for the great README file. I had several wonderful laughs.

 - Matthias