[NTLK] Hi

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 7 12:49:00 EST 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:

> Short of placing all "low-security" email hosts (like Yahoo) into permanent moderation mode, there's not much we can do.

One thing we could try is to urge anyone we know with a Yahoo! account to switch to Gmail, or something similar.

I don't want to sound elitist here, but why don't you spend the ~$10 a month and get a real email provider?

Seriously.

I understand that it works out to be $120 or so a year, and that's a lot of money for something (for some people) that's as trivial as email.

If you don't want to do that--I'm certain that whomever provides you with Internet service also provides you with an email address. You're already paying for that anyway, so why not use that one?

I realize that all of your friends, family and associates have your email address...you can set up email forwarding to send the Yahoo! email to the new address.

Yeah, I know...preaching to the choir. Most people who are smart enough have already abandoned Yahoo!, and there's no changing the minds of the rest, it's all too much trouble.

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4