[NTLK] Connection to my windows xp

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Wed Aug 28 02:24:54 EDT 2013

These days HDD space shouldn't be a problem.  I vouch that the VPC/Win 98
method is the most reliable way to go.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
An alternative method is to install microsofts Virutal PC, and install then
run Windows 98 in emulation (and of course install NCU to that).  I find
this works even better and I don't need slowdown with such a setup.
 But it does take longer to set up and more hard drive space.

So you will likely want to try Tony's method first.  It is what I used for
years so it does work, but the connection can be finicky at times.
But this varies with the machine and what you are running at the time.
I suggest running nothing else on XP other than NCU and slowdown.  Turn off
everything else that you can.  Anything odd going on in the background can
throw the connection off.
[snip]