[NTLK] Rehabilitating a beat-up 2000U

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:07:49 EDT 2013

On Aug 25, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> I believe it's easiest for you to just buy another MP2000/2000U or 2100 that has is in good working order with a main logic board issue. Far easier to just swap your main logic board than a backlight or the case by itself. If your port cover and latch are problematic not  the case - It's easy to repair that if you okay with DIY.

The interconnect port cover I've dealt with for now by simply holding it closed with a bit of tape. I rarely plug my Newton in (I use AAs) and backup over wifi.

The screen-cover-door latch though, that requires replacing the whole front case half. The little spring-loaded latch is fine, but there's a lip on the inside of the door that's supposed to catch into the casing, and that bit of the case is broken off, so the door will slide to the left and open without the latch being touched.

I'll keep an eye out for defunct units. Thanks for the tip!