[NTLK] An emulated Newton is a mighty fine thing

Frank Lowney frank.lowney at me.com
Mon Aug 12 11:25:50 EDT 2013

On Aug 9, 2013, at 2:47 AM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> On 09.08.2013, at 00:56, Frank Lowney <frank.lowney at gcsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> Thanks. I am now able to view very simple web sites (no javascript, CSS, etc.) with NetHopper.
>
> Oh, OK, so you have no more error message when going on the net. Then you are pretty much there. That's pretty much as good as it gets.
>
>> I've read that Newts Cape is better supported so will try that next.
>
>> I am not sure about the order in which I installed these pieces so is there a way to uninstall packages? Or should I just go back to square one.
>
> If you don;t get an error message, then you did it. Nothing else to do.

Booting is now very slow (maybe due to something else such as increasing RAM) but I do not get any errors when using NetHopper to visit a very simple web page.  Clicking on a link on that page yields Error -61001. Clicking on the Network icon yields: Sorry a problem occured (-48807).  So, it's a bit of a mixed bag.

There is now a pre-compiled Einstein for iOS (Cydia/Big Boss) for jailbroken devices  so I will try that with an iPad one and see how that compares.

Dr. Frank Lowney  Georgia College & State University
    Projects Coordinator, Digital Innovation Group @ Georgia College
   Chappell Hall 212 (CBX 106)
    Web Site, Blog, GCSU Email, iCloud Email
    My latest book: The Coming ePublishing Revolution in Higher Education
Voice: (478) 445-1344
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate most effectively via e-mail.  Follow-up summaries of telephone conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.
We don't make instruction effective, we make effective instruction more accessible.