[NTLK] Messagepad Lid Plastics/Repair Question

Woody Smith woodysmith at me.com
Sun Sep 23 23:40:36 EDT 2012

I don't know the answer to your question regarding the nature of the
plastic but I do have experience with some repairs on the 2100 case.
I've used Testors plastic cement to stabilize cracks, seems to melt
plastic and weld it but it also melts the rubberized coating and
requires care to not make mess.  The repair of structural parts such
as hinges is more difficult due to need to keep parts stable and not
deformed while curing.  I've been more satisfied with epoxy.

Gorilla Glue is a brand name that now includes a variety of products
including Cyanoacrylate (super glue) and epoxy but the most familiar
product is their polyurethane glue.  This glue will likely bond the
plastic but it foams and expands so clamping is best.

Good luck
Woody