[NTLK] Newton 1.x - Serial Connection to Windoze XP

Matej Horvat redjazz_slo at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 07:20:52 EDT 2012

> The biggest problem though
> is
> installing packages. With both NCK and the Package
> Installer, WIN98
> will get less than half way and then suddenly lose its
> connection.

There is a workaround: use Newton Press. You can even run it natively without Virtual PC, and it will install any package, not just books. Choose "Install Package" from the File menu and "Macintosh serial" (not "DOS or Windows PC") on the Newton. I think it even installs faster than NCK, and it also has a progress bar.

Matej Horvat