[NTLK] So... am I correct in deducing that, since iSync i...

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Sep 6 09:05:13 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Forrest <newtonphoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2012, at 8:56 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:
>>
>> NCX v1.3 Build 44 does launch on my 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
>> Air w/2GB of RAM running Mac OX X 10.7.3 Lion, but I must admit I'm
>> without my USB-to-Serial adapter to test further functionality. I
>> think I have used it to install packages since upgrading to Lion, but
>> I'm not 100% sure.
>
> Hmmm...and I'm running 10.7.4. I wonder if it was "broken" between v10.7.3 and .4.
>
> I can't even get the window to open...just a bouncing icon and then it's gone.

I just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and NCX still launches. Again, I've
not yet grabbed my USB-to-Serial adapter, so I can't confirm further
functionality and I wouldn't rule out some sort of conflict with
serial drivers or something.

Do you get the "The application NCX has unexpectedly quit" error
dialog? If so, there should be a crash report that you could pull up
which would hint at where the crash is occurring. It's also worth
checking in Console, specifically /var/log/system.log to see if there
are any interesting messages logged when launching/crashing NCX.

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/
http://seriesparts.com/