[NTLK] USB-001 Mod & Printing

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Thu Nov 29 15:22:54 EST 2012

It isn't that simple.

The USB-001 is a device side USB thingie, like a keyboard or a printer.

That would be like having a keyboard talk to a printer, both of them were designed to talk to a computer.

To print, you need a dongle and the print pack.


On 2012-November-29, at 1:07 PM, Chris Browder wrote:

> Greetings,
> Has anyone installed the NewtonSales.com USB-001 mod? Have you tried
> printing over USB to an HP or Canon printer using the PrintPack with it?
> This adapter would give you a male-B connector from the mini-B to Male-A
> connector cable that you'd use to connect it to your computer:
> http://www.amazon.com/USB-Type-Female-Male-Adapter/dp/B000AA2SMS
> I wonder because of how USB works, I don't know if it would really be 'that
> simple,' but since the InterConnect is rerouted to the USB.... it makes me
> wonder.
> ==================================================================== 
> The NewtonTalk Mailing List - http://newtontalk.net/
> The Official Newton FAQ     - http://splorp.com/newton/faq/
> The Newton Glossary         - http://splorp.com/newton/glossary/
> WikiWikiNewt                - http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
> ====================================================================

More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list