[NTLK] handwriting recognition

Berthe M. Willumsen bmw at bio.ku.dk
Thu Jun 14 17:37:36 EDT 2012

I have been very pleasantly surprised by WritePad.
I have mostly used it for writing journal-notes
in Danish, and it does a very nice job (shush:
better than the newt); I'm guessing it has to do
with the integration of dictionaries (we have
three of those weird extra characters in the
alphabet æ, ø and å, Newt has trouble with
those....).
The only issue is that some times what I write as
a single word, WritePad believes must be two; and
there is no one-touch correction for that. There
is, however, the Newt-like 'touch the word and
chose alternatives', including capitalizing or
decapitalizing - nice.
I'm having a conversation with Phatware about
problems with sync'ing to dropbox - the files
need renaming to be sync'ed in instances that are
not yet well defined, but aside from that, for
what I've done, I'm very happy with it.

Berthe
Denmark, MP2100, iPad'3'