[NTLK] MP2100 error message -- internal memory full??

Simon Bell simonbell at me.com
Sun Jun 3 08:15:48 EDT 2012

On 3 Jun 2012, at 12:46, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> if I copy a soup from Internal to Card,
> the entries in the Internal soup will end up being combined with the Card
> soup, emptying the Internal soup but retaining the entries of the Card soup
> along with the entries from the Internal soup.  Is that right?

That is correct. In the old days, the desktop metaphor was quite faithfully followed; so in this case you are filing: moving documents (soup entries) from one filing cabinet (store) to another. Nothing should go missing. These days, now that we are all more used to computer technology, the metaphor for the real world tends to be forgotten. And we expect the unexpected.

> Meanwhile, now that I'm back home I can start backing up everything

Yeah. Probably a good idea!

> Since I'm not all pre-occupied with the Diamond Jubilee

No, the weather’s not all that festive, is it? But the Olympic torch came past the end of my street on Friday and that had a real party air.

Simon