[NTLK] WiFi: Channel: 1 (Ignored) -- can't connect to open network?

Chris Browder kcfoxie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:09:07 EDT 2012

Thanks to Max, I got my lender card and got the Lucent WaveLAN Gold
recognized by the Newton. Following these steps:
http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2008/08/going-wireless-setting-up-wifi.html

I can't pick the channel. It does nothing and has (Ignored) next to it.

Before I had an issue where the power would blink on and off when
trying to connect, I froze the More Wifi cards and now the power light
stays on. I think I may have loaded more drivers than necessary...
i've frozen all but NIE, Newton Devices, The WiFi driver NIE Ethernet,
NIE LocalTalk NIE Modem & Serial NIE Patch Lantern Patch ...

Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris