[NTLK] Rebirth of Newtons

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 4 16:26:09 EDT 2012

The first question is: how comfortable are you with taking things apart? Are you a whiz, or can't figure out which end of the screwdriver to use?

Disassembling the Newton is not as easy, say, as opening a box of cereal...but if you have the willingness and just a bit of dexterity with tools it's most always a pleasant experience.

Frank Gruendel's site describes disassembly in detail... http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html .

As for the backlight, I know at one time there were white and even blue ones in addition to the standard green. There are others here who know much more about backlight sources than myself, I'm certain you'll get answer soon.

Hope that is of some help.

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4