[NTLK] 3COM CARD HELP

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue Jul 3 23:34:37 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Cris Warren <cumberland.warren at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an Etherlink III LAN PC Card.  The number is 3C589D-COMBO.  This
> card, to my understanding, should be compatible with the Newton Driver.  I
> have tried the driver on my eMate, and more recently on my Messagepad 2000.
>  Any suggestions?  It has an Ethernet port as well as an odd circular
> looking port on the dongle end.  When I insert the card, I get an
> unrecognized card error message.  Thanks for any help

I have only used WiFi with mine so don't have any specific advice
other than to check out <http://old.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/>, if
you haven't already. You need both the Farallon drivers and the patch
to support the 3com 3c589 cards.

The odd circular port is a BNC connector, another ethernet standard,
back in the day.

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/