[NTLK] Einstein: No.. and YES! Hooray!

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Fri Jan 27 17:33:04 EST 2012

On 26/01/12, Matthias Melcher wrote:

> Does it work?

Not on Lion..

But I'm up and running on 10.5! Screen shot:

    <http://home.comcast.net/~usshospice/Newtstein.mov>

           ModBook 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo

It seems my Newtstein is actually somewhat faster than a 2x00, at least
with HWR.

I tried all sorts things to get it to go on Lion. E.g: Doesn't matter
whether pen tablet drivers are running or not. (ModBook picks up the pen
even without drivers -- but not accurately.)

Seems Einstein insists newton.rom be in ../Einstein Platform (along with
einstein.rex).

It also seems to prefer the Wacom pen remain in range (within less than
inch of screen): seems to quit processing when pen no longer detected.
Then gets going again when pen close enough to screen pointer shows up
again.

Top of my wish list at this point is being able to copy and paste into OS
X apps.

Hooray! Saved!

Thanks ever so much to all involved: especially Paul, Matthias, and YOU
ALL who keep our Newts goin'!

more soon,

On 23.01.2012, at 23:09, Matthias Melcher wrote:

> On 23.01.2012, at 22:53, Matthias Melcher wrote:
>> Um, good question. I am in the process of uploading a newly compiled
version that is tested on Lion.