[NTLK] Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 + Einstein = Match Made in Heaven?

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:04:23 EST 2012

~~~ On 2012/02/27 19:25, Forrest Buffenmyer at newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
wrote ~~~

> The biggest problem that I see with this device is that it's waaay too large
> (IMHO) to be a phone (imagine holding your Newton up to your ear, and it's
> even bigger than that!)....and, our little green friend aside, it's too small
> to be a proper tablet (again, IMHO).

This is the thing about the Newton:  the Newt has its problems but all the
alternatives seem worse.

And there's still the fact that the Newton's brilliant data input is
combined with its unique structure of data storage, all masterfully
controlled by the NOS.

Minimum bloat, maximum efficiency, and great user satisfaction!  I have to
admit there's part of me that would like to have seen the NOS standardized
as a new direction of development.  Imagine if OSX made our Macs, iPads,
etc., able to do what our Newtons do, and able to work the way they do?

Yes, I know there are practical problems with that, but I can't help
wondering how many of those problems would've remained had NOS continued to
be developed.

BTW, as has been tweeted, today's the anniversary of the Newton.  Hats off
please, for 3 minutes silence.  Followed by 10 minutes of derisive laughter.
"Newton's dead" indeed!   Pffffft!

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke