[NTLK] What are you using to sync to MSWndows?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Feb 20 18:29:23 EST 2012

Interesting I had not tried this either.  I thought the program was also
16 bit...I never checked (talk about a duh moment).  As for the
registry...yes and no.  Older programs often really didn't "need" a
registry entry to function.  I believe the only registry entries for NCU
is the location of the backups and other preferences.  Which are created
the first time you change/save them anyway.  All the files should be
under the NCU directory.

I have been running Virtual PC with a Win98 in a virtual machine
install.  NCU works very well there, I don't need slowdown and it works
better than any connection I ever had before (ironically).  Back when I
had windows 2000 (still miss that version...stable and not near as
bloated) it worked well with NCU but still would disconnect on occasion
even with slow down.  With the virtual PC method I haven't had such
problems.  I only wish Virtual Box worked as well.

-Dan